we are open 24/7


How Mold Growth In Homes Affect Health

Mold is a fungus that can be found both indoors and outdoors. It grows in damp environments, and can cause health problems in people who are exposed to it. Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye, and they can be released into the air when mold is disturbed. This can happen when you are cleaning up moldy areas, or when mold is growing in your home. If you are experiencing respiratory problems, allergies, or other health issues, it may be due to exposure to mold. In this post, we will discuss the dangers of mold exposure, and how you can protect yourself and your family from its harmful effects.

Can mold growing in your house make you sick?

Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory infections, allergies, and skin irritation. People with asthma or other respiratory conditions are especially susceptible to the effects of mold. Mold exposure can cause symptoms like coughing, sneezing, wet eyes, and breathing difficulties. Mold exposure can also trigger asthma attacks. If you have a mold allergy, you may experience more severe reactions, such as difficulty breathing, hives, and swelling of the throat or airways. If you are exposed to large amounts of mold, or if you have a weakened immune system, you may be at risk for more serious health problems, such as pneumonia or other respiratory infections.

How can you protect yourself from mold exposure?

There are a few things you can do to reduce your risk of mold exposure. If you suspect that there is mold in your home, you should have it checked out by a professional. You can also take steps to prevent mold growth in your home by keeping it clean and dry. Repair any leaks, and use a dehumidifier to keep the air in your home dry. If you must clean up moldy areas, be sure to wear protective clothing, such as gloves, a mask, and eye protection. You should also avoid disturbing moldy areas if possible.

Should I get mold remediation?

Mold remediation is the process of removing mold from your home. If you have a small amount of mold, you may be able to clean it up yourself. However, if you have a large amount of mold, or if you are allergic to mold, it is best to leave the cleanup to a professional. Mold remediation professionals will use special equipment and techniques to remove mold from your home. They will also take steps to prevent the mold from coming back.